Thursday 4 May 2006

Making shade


My shady Bamboo shelter 2005

It's getting to that time of year when I need to create shady places in my garden. I like to get out some of my favourite fabrics and 'customise' my parasol, build a teepee from bamboo and create a boudoir in the space by my shed. I'd love to see what the rest of you creative types come up with, I'm guessing there could be some amazing tent-like structures, particularly by those of you with young kids.

And all of it for less than £365 which is the price of the Shadylace Parasol (below) by Chris Kabel for Droog Design. It's so leafy and lovely and fits with my red, gold and green colour theme (the only time I have ever been known to restrict myself on colour) which I have as my garden palette (to stop me making hasty purchases whenever I see something in beautiful blues).



But like I say, £365 is a bit rich for me, I went with £6.99 at Ikea and then added my own fabrics. This year I'm going to get a bigger one as last year was just for one person and was the kind that clips on to things, a bit unstable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...